HomePath Mortgage allows a borrower to purchase a Fannie Mae-owned property with a low down payment, flexible mortgage terms, no lender-requested appraisal and no mortgage insurance up to 97%. Expanded seller contributions to closing costs are allowed.
Benefits to You, the Borrower
- Low down payment and flexible mortgage terms (fixed–rate, adjustable rate, or interest–only).
- Down payment (at least 3 percent) can be funded by the borrower’s own savings; a gift; a grant; or a loan from a nonprofit organization, state or local government, or employer.
- No lender-requested appraisal.
- No mortgage insurance; ask your lender for cost details on loans without mortgage insurance.
- Expanded seller contributions for closing costs allowed.
- Available for primary residences, second homes and investment properties.
- Many condo project requirements are waived; ask your lender for details.
Contact us today for more information.