Do you need a Rehab/Remodel Loan Program from an FHA approved lender.The FHA 203(k) streamline and Full FHA 203k loan program is the Federal Housing Administration’s primary program for the rehab loans for single family dwellings. The FHA 203 (k) Rehab loan program allows Minnesota homebuyers and Minnesota homeowners the capacity to purchase/refinance single family homes and finance the basic repair costs into a FHA Rehab loan. Minnesota first time home buyers may use the FHA 203 (K) Rehab loan.
The FHA 203 (k) Rehab loan program highlights:
- Allowed on purchases and refinance transactions for single family dwellings including those where the property is owned free and clear.
- Can be used for the repairs and improvements on purchases of HUD homes.
- Basic repairs cannot exceed $365,000. Up to four draws are allowed.
- Owner occupancy required. 1-4 Units (Existing property must be at least one year old)
- Fixed 30 year term only; no buydown option available.
- All repairs and improvements must be completed within 6 months.
The FHA 203(k) Rehab loan includes the following steps:
- A potential homebuyer locates a fixer-upper and executes a sales contract after doing a feasibility analysis of the property with their real estate professional.
- The contract should state that the buyer is seeking a 203(k) loan and that the contract is contingent on loan approval based on additional required repairs by the FHA or the lender.
- The homebuyer then selects an FHA-approved 203(k) lender and arranges for a detailed proposal showing the scope of work to be done, including a detailed cost estimate on each repair or improvement of the project.
- The appraisal is performed to determine the value of the property after renovation. We are able to lend to 110% of the Future Value Appraisal.
- If the borrower passes the lender's credit-worthiness test, the loan closes for an amount that will cover the purchase or refinance cost of the property, the remodeling costs and the allowable closing costs.
- At closing, the seller of the property is paid off and the remaining funds are put in an escrow account to pay for the repairs and improvements during the rehabilitation period.
We have successfully used the FHA 203(k) Rehab loan to rehabilitate properties in Minnesota. Due to the rising number of foreclosed properties in Minnesota, we feel it is an important tool for community and neighborhood revitalization and for expanding homeownership opportunities to Minnesota Home buyers. Not only is the FHA 203(k) rehab loan great for MN homeowners and home buyers, but we suggest that other FHA approved lenders get on board.
In summary, Minnesota homeowners have the capacity to use this program on their existing home. Perhaps MN homeowners can consolidate their first and second mortgages in to a FHA loan while repairing/replacing their appliances, patio/deck, or flooring/windows. Minnesota first time home buyers have the capacity to buy a home, fix it up with the FHA 203k loan.
If you have questions about the FHA 203(k) Rehab/Remodel loan program, we suggest that you get in touch with us to learn more. Ben Coulter @ 612.384.7818 or Finance@UptownFinancial.com
Disclaimer: Not every FHA approved lender has this program available for their clients. We are one of the few able to fund on this loan.
FHA Mortgage MN, FHA Mortgage Minnesota, FHA Mortgage Minneapolis, FHA Mortgage Edina, FHA Mortgage St. Paul, FHA Mortgage Minnetonka, Mankato, Rochester, Brainerd, Lake Calhoun, Lake Harriet, Uptown Minneapolis, Linden Hills, Refinancing MN, Refinancing Minnesota, First Time Home Buyer MN, Wisconsin, Vacation Home Wisconsing, Lake Home MN, Lake Property MN, Jumbo Mortgages, Super Jumbo Mortgages, Refinance Wisconsin, Refinance WI, Private Banking MN, 203k FHA Loan,